423-425 East 9th Street | Block : 437 | Lot #40 & 41
Description & Building Alterations
This four-story building was originally built as two houses along with a third one at 427 East 9th Street. The original peak roof was flattened between 1896 and 1897. It housed a hotel around the turn of the century.
The present facade features bracketed cornice, molded window lintels and rectangular sills, and a plain entrance enframement at first story which has been largely reconfigured.
Block : 437 / Lot : 040 & 041 / Building Date : 1845-46 / Original Owner : A. B. Haxton / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown