612 East 9th Street | Block : 391 | Lot #13
Description & Building Alterations
The building facing the street at 612 East 9th Street was likely built as a rowhouse in 1847. The simple dentiled cornice and plain lintels reflect the Greek Revival style common to rowhouses of the 1840s. A stable was built in the rear yard in 1901. At the same time the occupation of the building changed from a six-family dwelling with a store to a two-family with an office. In 1914, the ground floors of both buildings were connected.
Block : 391 / Lot : 013 / Building Date : 1847 / Original Owner : L.M.V.V. Menceveau / Original Use : Residential/Commercial / Original Architect : Unknown