50-52 Second Avenue; 40-42 East 3rd Street | Block : 444 | Lot #8
Description & Building Alterations
This six-story gray brick old law tenement was constructed in 1899 by owner Abraham Silverson, designed by Schneider & Herter.
The Renaissance Revival facade features terra cotta window enframements, lintels, curved piers, a door hood for entrance enframements, a modillioned cornice, and terra cotta ornamental panels. The original storefront has been altered and infilled. Part of the historic cornice above the ground floor remains.
Block : 444 / Lot : 008 / Building Date : 1899 / Original Owner : Abraham Silverson / Original Use : Residential/Commercial / Original Architect : Schneider & Herter