429 East 9th Street | Block : 437 | Lot #38
Description & Building Alterations
This four-bay wide, four-story tenement was originally erected as a house in 1845-48. The house was transferred to A. B. Haxton after it was finished. Judging from the tax records, it was probably altered into four stories by 1860.
The present facade features bracketed cornice with paneled frieze, molded lintels, rectangular sills, and bracketed door hood with moldings.
Block : 437 / Lot : 038 / Building Date : 1845-48 / Original Owner : J. R. Stuyvesant / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown