417 East 9th Street | Block : 437 | Lot #44
Description & Building Alterations
This four-bay wide, five-story with basement tenement was originally erected in 1847. The building was extensively altered by architect F.W. Klemt in 1873 when it was raised from 3 stories to its current height.
The present facade dates from the 1873 alteration and features a bracketed cornice with garlanded frieze, molded window lintels with triangular pediments at second story, footed sills with moldings, and a pedimented door hood above the entrance.
Block : 437 / Lot : 044 / Building Date : 1847, 1873 / Original Owner : John Milhau(1847), P. J. Flanburg(1873) / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown(1847), F. W. Klemt(1873)