332 East 4th Street | Block : 373 | Lot #19
Description & Building Alterations
Despite missing its cornice this new law tenement constructed in 1903 for 28 families and stores has retained ornate terracotta window pediments and belt courses.
Owner Max Miller of 212 East 77th
Street employed architect George F. Pelham of 503 5th Avenue for the design. The building’s original lintels and terracotta ornaments remain, though an original cornice has been removed. A fire exit on the eastern portion of the building was closed in 1964 to meet code. This building was originally designed as a New-Law tenement building with store fronts.
Block : 373 / Lot : 019 / Building Date : 1903 / Original Owner : Max Miller / Original Use : Residential/Commercial / Original Architect : George F. Pelham