272 East 10th Street | Block : 437 | Lot #7501
Description & Building Alterations
Originally erected in 1845-46 in four stories, this five-story building at 272 East 10th Street has served many purposes, including storage, church and apartments. In 1945, the church was removed and another apartment took its place.
The fifth story was added in 1946-47 and the building has since served as a dwelling for four or five families. Facade work was done on this building in 2004. The present facade features brick banding, simple molded lintels, and entrance enframement with engaged pilasters supporting a triangular pediment.
This was formerly Lot 17.
Block : 437 / Lot : 7501 / Building Date : 1845-46, 1946-47 / Original Owner : A. B. Haxton(1845-46), Margherita Carollo(1946-47) / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown(1845-46), Anthony M. DeRose(1946-47)