233 East 12th Street | Block : 468 | Lot #45
Description & Building Alterations
This six-story brick building was constructed in 1903 as a New-Law tenement for thirteen families by architects Bernstein & Bernstein and owners Abraham A. Kantor and Abraham H. Tauber. The original facade was brick, likely with Renaissance Revival style terra-cotta window details and an entryway with a pressed-metal cornice.
In 1971 the apartments were converted to duplex units, at which point the facade was drastically altered.
Block : 468 / Lot : 045 / Building Date : 1903 / Original Owner : Kantor & Tauber / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Bernstein & Bernstein