79 East 4th Street; 79-81 East 4th Street | Block : 460 | Lot #46
Description & Building Alterations
The brick and glass building located at 79-81 East 4th Street was originally built in 1944 and was altered in 1995 to become the New York Theatre Workshop. The present facade and roof line were installed in 1995, along with a signboard, lighting, and security gates.
The Truck and Warehouse Theatre, established by Bruce Mailman, ran out of 79 East Fourth Street beginning in 1970.
Block : 460 / Lot : 46 / Building Date : 1944, altered 1995 / Original Owner : Washton Realty Corp. (1944), New York Theatre Workshop (1995) / Original Use : Industrial (1944)/Institutional (1995) / Original Architect : Herman Kron (1944), Mitchell Kurtz (1995)