60 East 7th Street | Block : 448 | Lot #14
Description & Building Alterations
Originally built as a three-story row house in 1839-40, the building was altered into a four-story tenement in 1879. The architect for the alteration was William Jose and the 1880 census and NYC Directories show that he lived here with his wife and son following the alteration.
The present facade features a Gothic Revival-style entrance enframement at a pointed-arch opening, with foliate details. The historic details from the 1879 alteration have been stripped. The stoop was removed and entrance moved to basement in 1929.
Block : 448 / Lot : 014 / Building Date : 1839-40, 1879 / Original Owner : John C. Perrin (1839-40) / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown (1839-40), William Jose (1879)