435 East 9th Street | Block : 437 | Lot #35
Description & Building Alterations
This three-bay wide, four-story tenement at 435 East 9th Street was originally erected in 1853. The entire front wall of first story was rebuilt in 1890.
The front facade features bracketed roof cornice with paneled frieze, simplified molded lintels and footed sills. The main entry is flanked by decorated pilasters. The historical triangular pediment on top of the cornice has been removed.
Block : 437 / Lot : 035 / Building Date : 1853 / Original Owner : G. Y. J. Kane / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown