317 East 8th Street | Block : 391 | Lot #51
Description & Building Alterations
This building’s current appearance likely dates from 1921 when an alteration application was filed to convert the residential building into a Synagogue. The building was originally built around 1847 and was a four-story residential building. At the time of the conversion, the building housed four families. As of 2000, the building was owned by the Orthodox Congregation of the Eighth Street Shul. In September of 2000 the Congregation evicted the Rabbi for the purpose of turning the building into housing, which appears to be the current function.
Block : 391 / Lot : 051 / Building Date : 1847-1848 / Original Owner : William Roberts / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown