270 East 10th Street | Block : 437 | Lot #16
Description & Building Alterations
Originally built in 1853 this five-story brick building at 270 East 10th Street contained a store and apartments in the first decade of the twentieth century. By 1963, records indicate that the lot contains two buildings—- a five-story building in the front and a three story building in the rear—- both used as apartments.
The present facade features a rusticated stone base with round-arched openings with keystones at first story. The window lintels and sills have been stripped on the second through fifth stories, and the historical cornice has been removed.
Block : 437 / Lot : 016 / Building Date : 1853 / Original Owner : Thomas Morell / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown