216 East 13th Street | Block : 468 | Lot #17
Description & Building Alterations
This narrow four-story building was built as part of a row of brownstone row houses that began at 206 East 13th Street and stretched eastward down the block ending at 220 East 13th Street. The original brownstone of the facade has been stuccoed over and most of the details lost, including the brownstone door surround that would have been atop the raised stoop, and the pressed-metal cornice that would have been like those found on 218 and 220 East 13th Street. The building was originally a single-family home that was converted into apartments as the neighborhood and housing demands shifted.
Block : 468 / Lot : 017 / Building Date : 1854 / Original Owner : Reverend D.D. Coe / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown