121 East 12th Street; 115-121 East 12th Street | Block : 558 | Lot #44
Description & Building Alterations
Constructed in 1904, this building was originally owned by the New York Edison Company, known today as Con Edison, as an electric transformer and distributing station. Originally, this building would have had a cornice. It was probably removed when a rooftop addition was constructed in the 1970s when it was converted into residences.
Block : 558 / Lot : 44 / Building Date : 1904 / Original Owner : New York Edison Company / Original Use : Industrial / Original Architect : New York Edison Company