107 Avenue A | Block : 434 | Lot #30
Description & Building Alterations
This building is likely the same that was built in c. 1849 with early 20th century alterations; permits were not found. This property and the surrounding lots north and south were originally owned by John J. Astor prior to development. The c. 1940 tax photo (see sidebar) shows a facade similar to the one we see today, although the windows and lower two floors have since been modified. These modifications happened before the 1980s tax photo was taken (see link in sidebar). It appears that the set-back rooftop addition was added after that time.
Block : 434 / Lot : 30 / Building Date : c. 1849 / Original Owner : G. Gillig / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown