76-78 East 7th Street | Block : 448 | Lot #22
Description & Building Alterations
This New Law Tenement was built along with No. 80 between 1905-07 as an alteration (according to the designation report) of three row houses. The conversion from row house to tenement building was popular in the area around this time period.
The present facade features decorative terra cotta window enframements on the second story and lintels on the upper stories, and a bracketed cornice with a garland frieze. the tenement has a tripartite vertical configuration.
Block : 448 / Lot : 022 / Building Date : 1836, 1905-07 (alt) / Original Owner : W.W. Johnson and Henry Robertson / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown