67 2nd Avenue; 84 East 4th Street | Block : 459 | Lot #28
Description & Building Alterations
This building was constructed in 1836 as a Greek Revival-style row house. In 1880 the building was slated as a boarding house and was raised from three or three-and-a-half stories to four stories, with a brick stable on the rear of the lot.
The now five-story red brick building has three bays with black molded lintels on the upper three floors. The second floor has fixed ribbon windows, except for the corner window. The ground floor also has ribbon windows on its storefront, which was converted from the original ground floor and mezzanine.
While the original stoop has been removed on the east facade, the cornice is historic.
Block : 459 / Lot : 028 / Building Date : 1836; 1880 / Original Owner : Francis S. Brown / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Silas Sutton (carpenter)