424 East 14th Street | Block : 441 | Lot #19
Description & Building Alterations
This five-story tenement was originally built in 1854. In 1903, a one-story rear extension was constructed. Four more stories were possibly added to it over the years to create the five-story extension on the building today. The current facade features brick facing, a stepped parapet, and simplified window sills. The main entry is flanked by fluted pilasters. Some historic details such as the lintels and ornamentation have been removed.
Block : 441 / Lot : 019 / Building Date : 1854 / Original Owner : Foster / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown