320 East 4th Street | Block : 373 | Lot #13
Description & Building Alterations
This rowhouse was built in 1838 for J. Freeland as a single-family dwelling, and may have been designed in the Greek Revival style. It is possible that a modest cornice was replaced with this more elaborate Italianate one within 30 years of the building’s construction.
A 1916 alteration application indicates that the house had been “tenementized” by that point since three families were living there (the application notes that it received “Tenement House Department approval”).
Block : 373 / Lot : 013 / Building Date : 1838 / Original Owner : J. Freeland / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown