317 East 6th Street | Block : 448 | Lot #47
Description & Building Alterations
This three-story with basement tenement was originally built in 1853, as part of a group of row houses at Nos. 313-321 East 6th Street. It seems that these single-family rowhouses were converted into the existing tenements since the building footprints do not change on the historic maps. The conversion into tenements occurred before 1897.
The present facade features a rusticated brownstone surface at the base, molded brownstone window lintels and rectangular sills, and a bracketed roof cornice with a paneled frieze. The original first-floor main entrance of No. 317 has been removed, and a new one opened at the basement.
Block : 448 / Lot : 047 / Building Date : 1853 / Original Owner : J. Palmer / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown