153 Avenue B | Block : 392 | Lot #6
Description & Building Alterations
The 4-story, 3-bay wide brownstone rowhouse was built circa 1849 as a single-family residence. The projecting stone window lintels and sills have been removed and replaced by decorative shutters. Like its neighbor at 151 Avenue B, the entrance would have had a stoop and would have had an imposing door surround and hood, but would have been a more classically inspired design. The stoop and entrance were reconfigured in 1938.
Block : 392 / Lot : 006 / Building Date : 1849 / Original Owner : Unknown (illegible) / Original Use : Residential/ Original Architect : Unknown